Turkey – Israel 4th Call for Proposals for Joint R&D Projects
Deadline for Submission - July 3rd , 2011
Following the outstanding success of the previous calls, Turkey and Israel are announcing the 4th Call for Proposals for joint R&D projects, focusing on development of innovative products and applications in all technological domains. Applicants are expected to develop ready to market solutions or products having strong market potential for Turkey and Israel.
Although projects from all technological domains are welcome, special focus will be given to the following domains:
• ICT – Information and Communication Technologies
• Biotechnology and Medical devices
• Bio-Agro – Agriculture and Food Technologies
MATIMOP and TÜBİTAK will provide access to public funding for joint projects provided by OCS (Office of the Chief Scientist of the Ministry of Industry & Trade and Labor, Israel) and by TÜBİTAK (Turkey) respectively.
The budget of the call is 6 Million Euro in total and Turkey and Israel will earmark 3 Million Euro to fund their participants respectively. However, each country may decide to exceed this level of financing
The call is announced within the framework of the bilateral protocol for cooperation in the field of industrial research and development between Israel and Turkey and it specifically addresses cooperation in the framework in Eureka-Eurostars programs, in which both countries participate. Hence, the program is managed in cooperation and in line with the procedures of Eureka-Eurostars innovation platform (www.eureka.be).
MATIMOP and TÜBİTAK will provide all necessary assistance to project partners during project proposal, evaluation and monitoring phase. In addition, both parties will facilitate EUREKA/Eurostars application process and acquisition of the EUREKA/Eurostars label for accepted proposals.
Call Launch and Structure
The Call is launched on May 17th 2010 by TÜBİTAK and MATIMOP.
Eligible partners are invited to present joint proposals for industrial R&D projects according to the following procedures:
• The partners should include at least one Israeli and one Turkish R&D performing commercial company. Participation of research institutes/universities is welcome as additional participants or subcontractors according to each country’s funding regulations.
• Companies from other countries may also participate, but they will not be funded by the OCS or by TÜBİTAK and they have to secure their own expenses.
• The project should have an obvious advantage and added value resulting from the cooperation between the participants from the two countries (e.g. increased knowledge base, commercial leads, access to R&D infrastructure etc.).
• The project should demonstrate the contribution of the participants from both countries on an equal base, and the project must be equally significant to both participants.
Any partner whose cooperative R&D project is consistent with the aforementioned criteria can apply to the Call in accordance with the national Laws, Rules, Regulations and Procedures in effect.
Submission and the approval procedures will be of two phases:
1) In the first phase, partners will be asked to present a short project outline via the following EUREKA Project Application Form: http://www.eureka.be/inaction/projectFormDownload.do
• The completed electronic forms of the phase 1 outlines should be submitted to MATIMOP and TÜBİTAK simultaneously until July 15th, 2010 at 16:00 (local time).
• The forms have to be legally signed by all participating companies. The signatures must be scanned and sent together with the Eureka form as an integral part of the application of phase 1.
The outlines will be screened and evaluated by MATIMOP and TÜBİTAK and the joint results will be notified to the companies within two weeks.
2) In the second phase, partners with approved outlines will be invited to submit their funding applications according to national procedures.
Approved project outlines that qualify to the Eurostars program (http://www.eurostars-eureka.eu/), specifically targeted to support R&D performing SME's, will be able to submit funding applications using the Eurostars procedures towards the next Eurostars call on 30th September 2010.
Partners with outlines approved for phase 2 will be instructed by MATIMOP and TÜBİTAK on how to complete submission of their funding applications, including those qualifying to Eurostars
Each country will fund its eligible participants within EUREKA framework. Funding conditions and eligibility criteria may vary from country to country. As summary, main aspects of funding criteria are explained below:
All companies which were established in accordance with Turkish law can apply for funding for their international projects. There is no budget limit for international projects and they can be funded by TUBITAK without any restriction in project duration. Only companies participating in international projects are funded within this program but universities and research centers can be funded as subcontractors.
Companies receive certain percentage of their eligible costs as a grant in this call. There is no maximum or minimum limit to the budget of project. The percentage is 60% for large companies and 75% for SMEs.
For further information about financing of Turkish participants please directly contact with TÜBİTAK.
An Israeli R&D performing company which initiate single or multi-year program that will provide know-how, processes or methods for the manufacture of a new product, application, technology base service or process. The product must have a sizeable potential for export sales. Research institutes or other participants may apply as a subcontractor to a company. The support is in the form of a conditional grant amounting generally up to 50% (+ regional incentives for companies located in "development zone ") of the eligible R&D budget. Further details regarding grants and payment of royalties are available at the OCS web site.
Contacts for details and partner search requests
Turkey (TÜBİTAK): Mr. Huseyin Goren +90 (312) 468 5300, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Israel (MATIMOP): Mr. Uzi Bar-Sadeh , +972-3-5118185, e-mail: email@example.com